The first few days/weeks/months of a relationship are a chance for you to get to know each other and do the classic flirting over WhatsApp, spending hours choosing what to wear and wondering when your next date is. But, sometimes the person you’re dating might not be as excited about you as you feel about them, as these ten tell-tale signs point out.
‘It’s just a way for card shops to make some money’ he mumbles when it comes to Valentine’s Day/ your birthday/any occasion ever. And let’s not even get started on the excuses he makes when it comes to ~trying~ to organize a meal with your family.
2. Breakfast at his isn’t quite what you were expecting. Instead of making you poached eggs and coffee, he tell you there’s bread in the kitchen and (gone off) milk in the fridge. Rather than making sure you get home safe, he merely points you in the direction of the nearest bus/train/ ferry to get home. Usually before 9am – because he doesn’t want you ruining his weekend plans.
4. You’ve just had the best moment of your life with him, and while you’re still basking in the afterglow of it all, he picks up his mobile phone.
5. The ‘either officially date me or leave’ ultimatum speech, which you definitely didn’t give after 3 glasses of wine (ahem), didn’t come to any conclusion. And yet you’re still seeing each other, secretly hoping he might be planning something exciting for you to do together.
7. He asks to keep things ‘casual’
Which even the most smitten among us knows is another way of saying they want a sex buddy. This just doesn’t seem as romantic as when Justin Timberlake and Mila Kunis were in Friends With Benefits, does it?
8. Date night isn’t quite the ‘Sushi Samba’ surprise you were hoping for.
‘We’re going for drinks and Sushi’ you proudly tell the girls in the office, only to realize he actually meant happy hour drinks with the guys from work and sushi– but only when it’s half price. Oh good.
10. The phrase ‘it’s complicated’ reels off his tongue like its everyday vocabulary.
Life is apparently just one big complication for them, especially when it comes to knowing what they want out of life. Apart from when it comes to sex, because somehow those complications seem to disappear when it means they might get a blow job.
Adopted from Cosmopolitan.com