With the current rise of unwanted pregnancies, unprotected sex, sexually transmitted diseases and the like, here are 15 things one can do with her partner and avoid such mistakes. Keeping your dignity intact might seem the only way out. Play it safe!
1. Cuddle. This can be done pre-sex, post-sex, or even instead of sex. But never during sex. That’s dangerous.
2. Binge–watch until you get bed sores. If you’re binge-watching on a couch, you’re doing it wrong.
3. Build a fort. You’ve got all the materials needed at your fingertips: pillows and blankets. Go crazy.
4. Give each other back massages. This is incredibly relaxing.
5. Give each other foot massages. This is incredibly relaxing if you don’t think feet are gross.
6. Just all kinds of massages. Let’s not ignore scalp massages. Maybe hamstring massages if you’ve been doing a lot of squats. That’s really it.
7. Eat breakfast. It doesn’t need to be breakfast time, although doing this is a nice way to wake up. Breakfast in bed is a great way to spend a lazy Sunday.
8. Sleep. You might not be aware of this, but beds were initially designed with sleeping as their primary function. You can even sleep in a bed with someone else.
9. Try to sleep, but lie awake staring at your sleeping partner with unbridled jealousy. And the more you think about wanting to sleep, the more awake you become, until you resent your partner for being able to sleep so well.
10. Stare at the ceiling and have long, deep talks about our place in the universe. “Deep” might be a relative term here, but there are definitely topics of conversation that are best reserved for late-night dreamy chats. Could you imagine musing over the meaning of life as soon as you wake up? That sounds awful.
11. Play a board game. Bonus: if you’re losing, you can “accidentally” sit on the bed too hard and scatter the pieces everywhere.
12. Have a pillow fight. Don’t stop until one of your draws blood.
13. Go down a YouTube rabbit hole. Don’t stop until your eyes hurt and you’ve found something that has shaken you to your core.
14. Mess with Snapchat filters for way longer than you’d ever be comfortable admitting to others. Afterwards, make a blood oath and swear you’ll never speak of it again. Snapchat the blood oath!
15. Change your sheets. Seriously, if you’re doing all this stuff in bed, get some clean sheets on there.