Being committed and resilient in whatever you do surely shall reap you fruits in the after math.
With a 4.4 GPA, Allan Minja who was pursuing Insurance and Risk Management managed to top his class and win a 1.2 million bonus as a prize for his struggles.
He attributes his success to the Almighty God and family who pushed him to achieve this feat. Allan tells us his secret formula to success summarising everything into 5 key points.
- Put God first in whatever you do. Allan attended every morning mass at St Joseph Roman Catholic Church in Posta at 7:00 am occasionally before beginning his day.
- Having passion in whatever you do. Passion drives the zeal to study, the need to succeed in whatever you do, the need to rise up a victor after every battle. Allan was passionate about his studies and never missed a lecture til his last day.
- Choose your friends wisely. Friends either break or make you into the person you want to be. Allan had reliable friends with whom he held group discussions late into the night, early in the morning and after that had fun with.
- Time management. Time waits for no man. Allan tells the lane that as the Bible suggests there is time for everything. Do not misuse your time. There is a time for books, a time to spend with your family, a time to have fun, a time where there is need to be serious and committed to your studies. Do not mix up any times and do the right thing at the wrong time.
- Fun and Entertainment is necessary. Work without play makes Jack a dull boy. Life at University should not be like a sentence to a prison or rather a library of books. The brain needs to relax and regroup for the next day’s programme. Should the weekend arrive, go out with friends, play soccer, enjoy some club moments with your friends and live your life at Campus.
Allan had this much to reveal to our lane readers as the secret and key ingredient to his winning ways.
The lane wishes Allan a successful and vibrant career and is thankful to him for sharing his success portion with us.